注 意 事 项
1. – How long is this cell phone guaranteed?.
A. No problem.
B. You can refund it in 7 days and exchange it in one year.
C. You can say it again.
2. – It is a little expensive for me. Can I have a discount?
A. You must be kidding.
B. It is terrible.
C. The price has been reduced by 50%. It is a real bargain.
3. -- Would you like to go to attend the conference on global warming with me?.
-- ________________________, but I should finish my homework first.
A. It’s hard to say
B. You are welcome
C. I’d love to.
4. – What do you think of your new computer?
A. I’d think so.
B. How about you?
C. It’s really fantastic.
5. – I have just got an iPad as my birthday gift.
A. Good luck!
B. That’s right!
6. Going “green” ________ have to be a challenge.
A. don’t B. doesn’t
7. The _______ question is much more different than this one.
A. six B. sixth
8. There are _______ students in Class One than in Class Two.
A. many B. more
9. I have never read a book that is _______ than Harry Potter.
A. interesting B. more interesting
C. more interesting
10. This garden is three times as _______ as that one.
A. big B. bigger
11. The low requires that everyone _______ his car checked at least once a year.
A. has B. had
12. These shops _______ to the needs of children.
A. meet B. solve
13. It is necessary _______ the book immediately.
A. for him to return B. his returning
C. that he returns
14. _______ Mr. Zhang said is quite right.
A. That B. When
15. I prefer _______ to _______ .
A. to drive … be driven
B. to drive … rather than being driven
C. driving … being driven
16. It will cost _______ time to paint the old furniture.
17. Katie admits she sometimes uses TV as a pacifier when her children are overly excited and it usually _______ .
18. Each CPU considered more than 6 billion hands of poker. That _______ more poker than has been played by the entire human race.
A. adapts to B. is used to
C. amounts to
19. If I had time, _______ see that new movie at the University Theater.
A. I’ll B. I may
20. The organization will _______ a survey about the career choices of the college graduates.
A. lead B. conduct
Green interior design is sometimes called sustainable design. It is about what is good and what is bad for people’s health, for the environment and for saving energy. Of course, fashion is a big part of green interior design. But it is not the only thing being focused on. The key words of green interior are not ‘cool’, ’modern’, ’stylish’ and ‘now’; but instead ‘sustainable’, ‘recycled’, ‘non-toxic’, ‘locally sourced’, ‘renewable’ and ‘organic’.
For example, Italian leather couches might be the hot word in style. But a green interior designer cares more about whether the leather is from an organic source, whether the wood is from a sustainably managed forest, whether there was any toxic glues used in making the furniture and what was the carbon output in shipping Italian sofa from Europe to other areas.
Green design is about analyzing all aspects of a building to find ways to save energy and water, to find ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, to make the interior free toxic chemicals and to use materials that are the most environmentally friendly.
Reducing energy bills is a primary aim of green interior design. Saving water is the second aim of green interior design. ‘Low VOC’, ‘zero VOC’ and ‘VOC free’ are new buzz phrases in the green design. From a green design point of view, the main concern is to choose indoor flooring, furniture, paint that are free of chemicals that pollute and make people sick.
21. Green interior design pays great attention to people’s health, saving energy and _______.
A. environmental protection B. cool design
C. unsustainable resources
22. A green interior designer may not choose certain material if it is _______.
A. sustainable B. renewable
23. The word ‘cool’ in Line 4 means _______.
A. chilly B. stylish
24. The primary aim of green interior design is _______.
A. saving water B. reducing energy bills
C. low VOC
25. The topic of this passage is about _______.
A. how to decorate homes
B. reducing energy consumption
C. green interior design
It is amazing to note that the Internet is still such a new device, and ye it is one of the fastest and most powerful media tools. But think about it for a moment. On the Internet, a big online company can be run by only two guys in their garage. So it is only reasonable then, that people shopping online would be a little leery of the security levels.
Internet giants such as Microsoft knew consumer confidence was the key to getting virtual(虚拟的) shopping off the ground, and they work hard to make people feel safe to shop online.
Credit card companies, too, quickly saw the potential for online shopping, and have installed things like online shopping insurance for people. If you ever have a problem with your online credit purchases, many credit card companies will happily refund(退还) your money and then set their claws on the company that wronged you. Now that’s buying power!
There are other bonuses for online shoppers, of course. No line & shy; ups; for one. No annoying mall shopping carts with broken wheels and kids crying because their parents won’t get them what they want.
When shopping online, consumers can sit down, have a coffee, and wear their slippers, not having to worry about their hair or parking, and just clicking through sale after sale. Comparison shopping couldn’t be any easier. And thanks to courier companies(快递公司) getting in on the act, you never need to wait longer than a day or two to get those all important purchases delivered right to your door.
No wonder so many companies are shaking their heads at traditional retailing and instead looking to the “virtual” world to attract online shoppers.
26. The underlined word “leery’ in the first paragraph means being very sure.
27. Consumer confidence in online shopping mainly relies on security in shopping.
28. Internet giants, traditional retailer, courier companies and credit card companies have made contributions to the popularity of online shopping.
29. The author thinks of the current online shopping as safe, convenient and fast.
30. Nowadays many companies are trying to cooperate with the online shoppers instead of traditional retailers.
1．B 2．C 3．C 4．C 5．C
6．B 7．B 8．B 9．B10.A
11.C 12.C 13.A 14.C 15.C
16.C 17.B 18.C 19.C 20.B
21.A 22.C 23.B 24.B 25.C
26．F 27．T 28．T 29．T30.T