注 意 事 项
1. -- We’d be pleased if you could join us for dinner.
A. Thank you. B. Yes, I’d be pleased to accept.
C. That’s good.
2. -- Is there anything I can do?
A. Don’t mention it. B. Thanks, but I can manage.
C. Go ahead, please.
3. -- Would you please open this suitcase for me? I can’t open it.
A. Oh, sorry to bother you. B. Actually I’m not sure.
C. OK, let me see.
4. -- A: I can put you down for eleven o’clock. Is that OK?
-- B: ______________________
A. Oh, I’ll be having an interview that time. How about 3 o’clock in the afternoon?
B. Friday is good.
C. Yes, we could.
5. -- Excuse me. Can you tell me how to get the Linden Street?
A. You can’t ask me. B. Pardon? I have no idea.
C. Sorry, I’m new here.
6. Let’s meet at 7:30 outside the gate of ________.
A. the People’s Park B. the People Park
C. People’s Park
7. There _______ a dolphin show in the zoo tomorrow evening.
A. was B. is going to have
C. is going to be
8. Jamie wants to speak to me _______ private.
A. on B. in
9. _______ is known to the world, Mark Twain is a great American writer.
A. As B. That
10. The book _______ on this subject was written by an old female writer.
A. referring B. referring to
C. referred to
11. If he persists _______ awkward questions, then send him to the boss.
A. in asking B. to ask
C. to be asked
12. There is no doubt _______ Herbert is the most industrious student in our class.
A. whether B. what
13. All the trees _______ last summer.
A. were planted B. planted
C. are planting
14. I’m _______ a business trip for APEC summit, sir.
A. for B. on
15. I really like that car you _______ and I am thinking of buying it.
A. recommended B. interviewed
16. – Do you like reading books?
-- Each of us _______ to do more reading in and after class.
A. are encouraged B. encourage
C. is encouraged
17. Tom is _______ than any other players in the school team.
A. tall B. taller
18. Listen to the two girls by the window. What language _______?
A. were they speaking B. are they speaking
C. did they speak
19. The _______ are eating _______ at the foot of the mountain.
A. sheep, grass B. sheep, grasses
C. sheeps, grass
20. Cleaner heating system will be _______ in Beijing to control air pollution.
A. sent B. covered
Housing is the living places for human beings. As the population keeps climbing, people in the city have to face the reality that housing is in short supply. To solve this problem, New York City planners are challenging tradition and starting to design more “micro units.”
Micros, also known as “hotel-style” apartments, usually offer less than 200 square feet (18.5 square meters) in area. Could you imaging living in 150 square feet (14 square meters)? These units usually have only room for a bed, a table mini-fridge and the basic living essentials.
Why is the micro apartment so appealing? The reasons are rather straightforward. It is perfect for single people who don’t have a lot of things. It can also meet the need of people who are short on cash but determined to live in their own places.
Micro apartments are very common in cities like Tokyo and Hong Kong, where there are so many people living. Now this tiny housing solution is gaining ground in urban areas in the US, and Canada.
The micro apartment is an experiment in simplicity in American culture. So small-scale home life is part of a hot trend in US real estate. Some people are proud of it. Some of them can find the humor and fun in their small places. But not everyone is in favor of the trend.
21. According to the passage, the next big trend in US real estate is _______.
A. big house B. micro apartment
C. traditional house
22. As the population keeps climbing, people in the city have to face the reality that _______.
A. housing is in short supply B. housing is very sufficient
C. housing is a kind of luxury goods
23. Why is the micro apartment so appealing?
A. It’ meets the need of someone. B. It’s very strange.
C. It’s excellent.
24. Micro apartments are very common in some cities like _______.
A. Beijing B. London
25. How do people think of the micro apartment?
A. Everyone likes it very much.
B. Some people think it’s humorous and fun.
C. Not everyone is in favor of the trend.
One of the masterpieces of modern architecture, the fantastic Hangzhou Bay Bridge has been opened to the public since May 2008.
The Bridge is an S-shaped stayed-cable bridge with six lanes in both directions and is linking Ningbo’s Cixi county in the south to Jiaxing in the north. It shortens the highway travel distance between Ningbo and Shanghai by 120 kilometers, and reduces the driving time from 4 to 2.5 hour.
It is the longest sea-crossing bridge in the world –36 kilometers (22 miles) long. This fantastic bridge crossing the Hangzhou Bay is expected to have a 100-year lifespan, and has a price tag of 11.8 billion Yuan (US$ 1.70 billion).
The toll fee is 80 Yuan per vehicle. As the bridge has six lanes in both directions, you can be quite sure that you will have a smooth ride.
The speed limit is 100 kilometers /62 miles.
The first preparations for planning the bridge started a decade ago; close to 600 experts spent nine years on designing the Hangzhou Bay Bridge. Chief Commander of the Bridge Project is Mr. Wang Yong. The bridge was linked in 2007 and an opening ceremony was held on 26th June. But the Bridge was first open to the public, almost one year later, after a series of tests and evaluations.
26. The fantastic Hangzhou Bay Bridge has been opened to the public since May 2010.
27. It is the longest sea-crossing bridge in the world – 36 kilometers (22 miles) long.
28. The toll fee is 100 Yuan per vehicle.
29. The speed limit is 100 kilometers /62 miles.
30. Chief Commander of the Bridge Project is Mr. Yang Yong.
31. That’s why tiny little apartments with a bedroom, a kitchen and a bathroom come into being.
32. Since the earth looks like a ball, the sun can shine on only half of it at a time.
33. If you travel alone and want to know better family life in Britain, you’d better stay in B&Bs.
34. No wonder I got lost. I was heading in the wrong direction!
35. From the East Coast to the West Coast of America it is about 3,000 miles wide.
1．B 2．B 3．C 4．A 5．C
6．C 7．C 8．B 9．A 10．C
11．A 12．C 13．A 14．B 15．A
16．C 17．B 18．B 19．A 20．C
21．B 22．A 23．A 24．C 25．C
26．F 27．T 28．F 29．T 30．F
31．C 32．B 33．C 34．A 35．A