1.—would you like some more beer？
A. just a little
B. no more
C. I’ve had enough
2.—I suppose there’ll be a lot of arguments.
A. I should imagine so.
B. No problem.
C. That’s good idea.
3. Do you mind if I smoke here?
A. No, Thanks.
B. Yes, please.
C. Yes, better not.
—Fire, fire service please! There’s a huge fire here.
A. 911, how may I direct your call?
B. How may I help you?
C. What can I do for you?
5. —sorry, I made a mistake again.
—_______ Practise more and you’ll succeed.
A. Never mind
B. Certainly not
C. Don’t mention it.
6.It’s ____ to point to or talk about strangers in public.
A. impolite B. polite C. good
7. _____important it is for kids to imagine freely!
A. What B. How C. What an
8. John as well as Mike ____ just been back from an important meeting.
A. have B. has C. had
9. —when do we have to pay the bill?
A. By B. In C. During
10. ____ is known to all, too much fat causes heart problems.
A. It B. As C. Just as
11. Let’s go _____ the reports on the latest work.
A. over B. with C. to
12. A Chinese company is going to ____ over the well-known Japanese company TOSHIBA Corporation.
A. get B. take C. turn
13. My friend invited me ____ the art club, and I accepted it with pleasure.
A. join B. joining C. to join
14. I heard that you really had a wonderful time at John’s birthday party, ______?
A. didn’t I B. didn’t you C. hadn’t you
15. He gave up his study in college in ____.
A. bundle B. despair C. ash
16. You can go out, ____ you promise to be back before 12 o’clock.
A. so far as B. as far as C. as long as
17. I am _______ your early morning.
A. looking forward to B. looking forward C. look forward to
18. Under no circumstance ____ to tell lies to parents.
A. children are allowed B. are children allowed C. will children allow
19. I ____ a book when the telephone ______.
A. was reading…rang B. read…rang C. was reading…was ringing
20. This is the man _____ last night.
A. whom I saw him B. whom I saw C. who I saw him
Three steps to a good marketing budget
Without good budget management, you are likely to overspend on marketing accidentally. Here are three steps that help to make a good marketing budget.
Step 1: organize financial information
The first step is to be clear of your current financial situation. You need to know how much money your company makes monthly and the changes that might arise in the future. Although income flows change throughout the year, you must organize the information based on reliable revenue-the minimum amount of money your company makes each month.
A realistic budget plan will always focus on the income that exceeds the expenses, not the total revenue that comes in. when you have determined the amount of disposable income available for the company, you should determine where the money will go.
Step 2: determine where you want to spend marketing funds
After you know the total amount available to spend on marketing, the next step is how you plan to spend that money. Three main factors decide how you spend marketing funds: the budget amount, your past experiences, and where you can reach the right audience.
You will start organizing how to spend the funds based on the amount. Besides, you need to consider the strategies that have worked in the past. Also, you need consider which marketing channels will allow you to reach the right audience.
Step 3: assess data and make appropriate changes
The final step in building a good marketing budget is the analysis of the plan and any changes that may improve revenue. Ultimately, marketing is designed to bring in extra revenue. If the activity does not bring in any additional revenue over its cost, then it is better to change strategy and try something else.
Assessing the data is a vital part of creating an effective marketing strategy. Evaluation begins with comparing past performance to the performance after marketing the product or services.
However, a good budget alone is not enough. You have to take action and remain committed to following through your plan. By keeping the budget in mind when you make decisions, you will have the opportunity to work out different strategies to find the best solutions for your business goals and prevent overspending on marketing.
21. What should the budget plan be based on?
A. the company’s reliable expense.
B. the company’s reliable income.
C. the company’s reliable cost.
22. What does “disposable income” mean in paragraph 3?
A. total income,
B. Previous income.
C net income.
23. You have to be clear of_____ when organizing financial information.
A. the income and expenses
B the marketing fund
C. the budget management
24. The three main factors that decide how you spend marketing funds are____.
A. the money you have earned, the actual expenses and the money you will expend
B. the budget amount, your past experiences and where you can reach the right audience
C. the assets you have, the product and the income
25. Keeping the budget in mind when making marketing decisions will avoid______.
A. using less than you earn
B. using money unnecessarily
C. using more than you earn
The road system in Beijing’s central business district (CBD) is being re-designed to make public transportation easy and improve efficiency.
Plans for 45 roads within the CBD have been approved, measuring 41.5 kilometers in total. In addition to public buses, free or low price shuttle buses from residence areas to subway station will also be provided for commuters.
This is just over four tomes the number of roads opened in 2007, and will add another 15.5 km to the existing road network.
Besides roads, an underground traffic system has also been operating, which includes four new subway lines beneath the CBD.
The underground connection system is made up of two levels. The first underground floor is set aside mainly for pedestrians and commercial facilities, while the second underground floor is planned for parking.
The city has also invested 140 million yuan to set up a traffic conditions online and see the most convenient routes on their GPS system. In the future, the CBD will be fully covered by an intelligent traffic control system.
26. The road system in Beijing’s central business district(CBD) is being designed again.
27. Commuters can only take public buses from resident areas to subway stations.
28. The re-designed road will be 15.5 kilometers long.
29. The underground traffic system has four new subway lines beneath the CBD.
30. Both levels of the underground connection system are planned for parking.
Write a short passage according to the information of the following timetable.
Liming’s timetable from Monday to Friday
(No 3 middle school)
Go to school
Have 4 classes
Have lunch at school
Have 2 classes
Do homework, watch TV, do some reading
Go to bed